The purpose of this workshop is to bring the ‘build’ stage of a community led housing project to life, to inspire and inform groups and communities and to showcase some of the great examples of community led housing both locally and nationally.
Our speakers for this workshop are from Lune Valley Community Land Trust, Lancaster Cohousing, Tyson Construction and South Lakes Housing.
In this session, participants will learn about the intricacies of building to Passivhaus standards. We will also discuss what to consider when building to these standards from the viewpoint of a construction partner, a housing association and two community-led housing groups who have developed their own projects.
We will be covering:
- A general overview of your CLH project and how you got to the build stage – including:
- Considerations that groups need to be looking at right from the start of the process that will affect the build stage.
- What do you wish you had known at the start that you now know having gone through the process?
- Building to Passivhaus standards – including:
- What is Passivhaus?
- Why is this important to you as a group/contractor/RP and what are the benefits for you?
- Opportunities and obstacles that building to this standard presents.
- Partnership working – keeping the different stakeholders involved/updated etc
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of the ‘build’ stage of a community led housing project, but also to hear from those with first hand lived experience of developing a scheme on site.
Book your place on Eventbrite here